SFA Trendspotter Trends
Innovations from Day 1 of the Winter Show
The Specialty Food Association Trendspotter Panel combed the aisles of the Winter Fancy Food Show on Sunday to report on trend findings. In November, the SFA released its Trendspotters' predictions for the top trends of 2018. Throughout show days, Trendspotters will be seeking out on-trend product innovations related to these predictions, as well as any new or emerging trends.
Here is some of what was spotted at the show:
Plant-based frozen desserts, yogurts, condiments, and snacks:
- The Amazing Chickpea Spread
- Fora Faba Butter made with aquafaba
- Panco Foods Pan’s Mushroom Jerky
Alternative sweeteners such as monk fruit and dates are showing up in beverages, syrups, and frozen desserts:
- Hakuna Banana plant-based, non-dairy frozen dessert sweetened with dates
- The Republic of Tea Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Sips sweetened with monk fruit
- Spice Mama Just Date Syrup
Collagen-infused foods, moringa, and mushrooms continue to emerge, especially in beverages and snacks.
- HealthVerve BBGLO Skin Rejuvenation collagen drink
- Miracle Tea Moringa Superfood Energy Infusion Tea
- Yuguo Farms Shittake Mushroom Chips
More examples of these trends can be found by searching exhibitor listings in the Fancy Food Show app or on the specialtyfood.com Product Marketplace.
Other product innovations:
- Herb & Lou’s Infused Ice Cubes
- 4th & Heart Chocti Chocolate Ghee Spread
- Morinaga Alove Aloe Yogurt
Read the article here.